Industrial Technology education activities
To look at individual modeling topics, building commitment and momentum for future activities in the field of industrial technologies, reflecting the work of project clusters or networks, cutting-edge technologies and products. The working group tries to address advances in materials modeling reflecting industrial applications, commercialization, technology transfer as well as smart specialization and education in industrial technologies.”
- The Material Modeling, broadly speaking, is the translation of material behavior in mathematical form valid for the large range of boundary conditions. The material behavior is characterized investigating the material evolution, at different scales, under specific and controlled lab-tests.
- The Simulation, broadly speaking, is the application of the material model at different boundary conditions to validate the material formulation/equation. When the formulation/law is validated, the simulation is a tool to design the material for specific conditions and requirements.
- The CAE simulation tool is the structured code that integrates the material knowledge of its behavior, the formulation/simulation of its evolution (material model) and the CAD drawing of the component (product/system model). The material is designed for the component and the component shape (or system) has to exploit the material performance. In this context the multi-scale approach is a key aspect to predict the material evolution at nano o micro-scale taking into account the limits of the discretization method to solve the space dimension (mesh of the volume) and the unknown variable and time (governing equation of the behavior). The CAE tools are the application software used at industrial engineering department.
What is Modeling:
Development of modern and highly efficient simulation techniques to computationally design new materials, to improve material properties, to optimize and control manufacturing processes and process chains:
- Development of materials structure-property data bases and modelling software for common use
- New generation of CAD/CAE/CAM system development
- Extension of the multiscale approach from the computational world to the experimental and testing ones and their full integration
- Predictive modelling of nanomaterials and nanostructured material for reverse engineering
Process Map, Integration and Knowledge Map
EUMAT Modelling group contributes to educate young potentials with computational background for the industrial requirements and try to answer to the need for new material modelling services and new software that are more easily reached by industrial designers
Activities within Modelling group
- To define who does what in modelling . The TEAM
- To define the applications. WHAT
- To define the state of the art (where we are now? WHERE NOW
- To define trends for innovation in modelling. WHERE TO
- To define drawbacks and limits of actual modelling. WHY
- Propose topics to the EU Commission
- Instruments for collaboration (funding opportunities) and dissemination HOW
- To define the next steps. NEXT
You might also like
Growing veggies safely in your backyard: avoiding the 'legacy of our .. — ABC Online
Growing veggies safely in your backyard: avoiding the 'legacy of our industrial activities'. 702 ABC Sydney. By Georgia Wilson. Updated August 29, 2014 16:44:22.
What is the name of at least four industries or activities that are benefiting from new materials technology?
Materials science research is enhancing energy, computers, and lighting technologies, It incorporates elements of applied physics and chemistry. With significant media attention focused on nanoscience and nanotechnology in recent years, materials science has been propelled to the forefront at many universities. It is also an important part of forensic engineering and failure analysis.